In the past four years, Colourful Rebel has grown from selling a few T-shirts from a bedroom in Amsterdam-West to a lifestyle brand that not only puts hundreds of people in fresh new outfits every day, but also knows how to entertain them online.
Colourful Rebel consists of a close-knit team that works every day with great pleasure to bring out ever better on-trend collections, entertain all our hundreds of thousands of fans, and have the ambition to grow even further.
Our team consists of young and ambitious people who enjoy working together in an informal environment. We are dedicated team players with a great sense of responsibility. Besides the hard work, we find it important to have fun together. Every day there is a lot of laughter at Colourful Rebel! Due to our endless ambitions to be the best, we are looking for an intern in the Buying department who can identify with this.
As an intern at the Buying Department you will support the buyer in his daily activities and you will learn what the job of buying entails. Together you are responsible for the fashion offering of Colourful Rebel and you will help with the activities involved, such as:
- Sales data analysis: monitoring sales, best sellers, slowsellers and taking action on them with the buyer.
- Development: assisting in the timely dispatch and receipt of new developments to/from suppliers, monitoring and safeguarding the sample process, taking stock of prices.
- Through-fitting: independent preparation of the through-fitting by measuring (prototype) samples, checking whether the product is as requested (workmanship). You will work with the buyer and the head of design on the quality check and the assessment of the article. Then you process the comments and prepare them for sending to the supplier.
- Supplier communication: a good relationship with our supplier is of great importance. Daily contact via phone and mail is part of this in order to (set up and) maintain a good cooperation.
- Order administration & follow-up: entering and changing orders and follow-up of the orders. Keeping an eye on the production process together with the delivery times.
- Trend identification: keeping an eye on Social Media, Influencers and other fashion sources and discuss this with the buyer so that we always offer the latest items!
The more initiative you show, the more you will learn and the more responsibility you will get during your internship! A perfect base for the next step in your career.
- Bachelor degree in Fashion
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong communication skills in word and writing
- Passion for fashion & trends
- Enterprising: likes to tackle things and shows initiative
- Flexible and a go-getter
- Available for at least 4 days a week
- Likes to work in a busy and dynamic environment
- Social and winner's mentality
What do you get from us?
- Fantastic working environment at our office in Amsterdam
- Good coaching and explanation of the buying profession. The more you put in, the more you get out.
- You are one of us! You are part of the young team and you are not the one just getting coffee ;) You will be involved in every step of the process and will be able to pick up things independently after a while.
- An internship fee of 250 euros per month
- A delicious lunch every day
Are you interested in doing an internship with us? Send an email with your motivation and CV to email@example.com stating Internship Buying and we will contact you as soon as possible.