Buyer - Womenswear
In the past five years, Colourful Rebel has grown from selling a few T-shirts from a bedroom in Amsterdam-West to a lifestyle brand that inspires hundreds of people every day and puts them in a fresh new outfit. Colourful Rebel consists of a close-knit team that works with great pleasure on releasing the best on-trend collections and is currently working on a breakthrough abroad.
Our team consists of young and ambitious people who enjoy working together in an informal environment. We are dedicated team players with a great sense of responsibility. Besides working hard, we think it is important to have fun together. Every day there is a lot of hard laughter at Colourful Rebel!
To be able to grow even more, we are looking for a commercial, driven, enthusiastic and structured buyer with purchasing experience in the middle or high segment.
Do you have a passion for and a commercial view on fashion? Do you like dynamic work, always go for the best result, can you multi-task well and can you work independently? Then we are looking for you and we would like to see your CV and motivation!
As a buyer you are responsible from A to Z for the development and purchase of your own packages that represent an important and large part of our turnover and grow every day in share: women wovens.
With great care, precision and commerciality you work on these products that breathe the DNA of our brand, with the aim of achieving the margin target and delivering quality to our b2c and b2b customers. You analyze the results of your package and constantly switch with suppliers to deliver the best product.
You will operate independently but report to and spar with the buying manager.
The function tasks
- Draw up a line plan for the design department based on b2b and b2c results
- Developing and commercializing the collection in collaboration with our design team
- Provide feedback on designs, taking into account results, innovation and margin
- Ensuring that all deadlines are met internally and externally
- Selecting the right suppliers for the product and negotiating the best purchase price
- Monitor budget for B2C, make commercial selection of items
- Guarantee the quality and fit of our products, by means of a through fitting, following up complaints with our fit technician, test wearing and requesting QC reports.
- Communicating with suppliers about ideas for improvements and coming up with initiatives.
- Fitting through, approval of samples, lab dips and strike-offs.
- Ensuring on-time delivery and switching in case of delays with supplier and B2B customers
- Daily communication with suppliers and maintaining a good relationship
- Order administration and follow-up
- Monitoring of sales, best sellers, slowsellers and taking action accordingly
- You are the contact person for various departments internally (customer service, marketing, wholesale, design) when it comes to questions about the products that you monitor and you take the lead to keep departments and the management team informed of developments
- Collaborating with management and reporting to buying manager.
- Bachelor degree in Fashion
- At least 2 years of experience in an independent purchasing position
- Fulltime available, 5 days a week
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Outlook
- Strong communication skills in word and writing, both Dutch and English
- You like to work hard and show initiative. You show ownership and like to take responsibility. You stand your ground.
- Flexible and a go-getter
- Accurate and organized
- Enjoy working in a busy and dynamic environment
- Social and winner's mentality
What do you get from us?
- A fun work atmosphere and a great working environment at our office in Amsterdam
- Challenging full-time position with a successful and growing organization with lots of responsibility and opportunities to grow
- Position with the intention to work for a longer period with the prospect of permanent employment
- Creative and dynamic work atmosphere in a result driven, no-nonsense and young team
- Market conform salary and no limit on vacations
Are you interested in joining our team? Then send an email with your motivation and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating Job application buyer and we will let you know as soon as possible.