To fill the maternity leave of our current buying manager, we are looking for an experienced manager in the field of (fashion) buying with knowledge of-and experience in-the wholesale/ b2b process.
To ensure consistency in our development and production process of our women's and men's collection and to support the development & buying team during this period we are looking for a structured, commercial and driven manager with purchasing experience in the middle and/or high segment (b2c/b2b).
Do you understand how important deadlines are in the development and production process and can you deal with them flexibly and creatively in cooperation with the buying team and suppliers to achieve the company goal?
Do you go through fire for the company results and the people you manage and are you the one who facilitates the development & buying team in such a way that they can do their work unhindered?
Then we are looking for you and we look forward to receiving your CV and motivation!
- Leave from 16 January until 17 July 2023
- Available earlier than January 16 due to induction period (preferably by Dec 1, 2022)
- You are available for the development & buying team (4 persons): this means 3 days a week present at the office, other 2 working days (if needed) available by phone for urgent matters
In this temporary position you are the person the development & buying team can turn to when they cannot do their job properly due to problems (of various kinds) that endanger the development and production process.
You listen to the problems, take stock of all angles of the problem, think with the team about various scenarios and solutions and submit them, where necessary, to the management and other internal departments and ensure that the process can continue undisturbed.
Furthermore you are able to bridge and find solutions between and in cooperation with the buying team, management and the supplier (and possibly other internal departments involved).
You remove obstacles that impede the process and ensure that deadlines are met or the steps leading to them are redesigned in order to still achieve the goal.
In other words, you are a facilitator for the development and buying team.
You check with great regularity how the progress is with each team member of the development and buying team, whether the process is still running smoothly or whether action needs to be taken internally/externally.
You also check that the budget is not exceeded and monitor the margin target for each collection.
You check, adjust and connect.
- Knowledge of wholesale process: develop salesman samples, sell in showroom and follow up wholesale orders and their importance
- Management skills (both task and person oriented)
- Highly structured and organizational
- Solution-oriented: creative and flexible mind
- Strong communication skills in word and writing, both Dutch and English
- At least 3 years of working experience in a similar position
- Skilled in microsoft excel
- Enjoys working in a busy and dynamic environment
- Can react well Ad Hoc to issues
- Social and winner's mentality
Are you interested in joining our team during this leave period? Send an email with your motivation and CV to email@example.com with ref. Buying Manager leave and we will get back to you as soon as possible.